sábado, julho 17

Las Palmas Gran Canaria - first day

After several hours waiting in airports here and there and a total of 29 hours travelling, I finally arrived in Las Palmas. 4 am , my cousing who lives here and my aunt who is visiting, were waiting for me at the airport. How sweet of them.

There were no more buses, nowhere to rent a car, so we took a cab and went home. Chit chat until 6 am and 8:30 I was no longer in bed, and I was ready to get out of the house.

Las Palmas is gorgeous. A small, cute island.

Our first stop was the old city. First, I was impressed to see the same shops we have in Bahrain. Zara, Mango, Desigual, H&M.
From there we went to a museum. A modern art museum. Only two exhibitions interested me. One about logos and the second one with some cool drawings.

Some streets in the old city are so narrow you can almost touch the houses in both sides os the street. So charming...

I took lots of pics, but my lap top is batery less and I can not find an adaptor to recharge it. I will keep looking. Someone may sell it.

We visited the house where Colombo stayed when he visited Las Palmas. Very interesting.
The restaurant we choose for lunch was full of character - one of those old houses with a splendid internal garden. The food was good, but the best for me was to be able to eat in a place sorounded by huge plants.

The cathedral is closed for visits, but we could see it from outside, and I think I may end up watchin a mass, just as an excuse to see it s interior.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário