quarta-feira, abril 7

when it rains, it pours

I have been working as tour guide in Bahrain. The tour company has over 30 buses and we wait for people who arrive in a cruise ship and take the turists around.We have a 4 to 6 hour window of opportunity to show all Bahrain has to offer. It is fun because it keeps me busy and talking for a whole morning. Imagine that! No one asks me to shut up. They actually pay to listen to me! Dream job!!!

The problem is the weather here. As the heat arrives (and believe me, it is coming fast), the tourists choose another destination. This cruise line is not going to return until October , so I am out, looking for jobs.

As coincidence has it, today I had my last day as a tour guide and was called for an interview for another job.

Of course I got it all prepared. Got my nails done (surprise!), went to the salon and got my hair sorted, left a couple of changes of professional clothes in the car, so I could slip out of my uniform (yep, I wear an uniform) and into my interview wear.

Perfect!
Until a helicopter decided to hover over the port and stopped right above me. My hair went crazy, the sand covered me from head to toe. I was a mess. Dirty, messy, desperate!

And of course, no time to go home in between appointments, so I called a friend. The conversation was sort of like this:

- HELLO!!!! Remember you invited me for coffee? Well, I can not do coffee, but I could come by and have a shower at your place - how does that sound?

Of course my friend was in shock, had no idea what was going on or what the hell I was talking about, so I had to explain my distress and bad luck.

Her response was very kind:

- Of course you can. I am just around the corner. You get there, have your shower and I will be there in no time.

Shameless I knocked on her door, greeted the maid I never met before, took the towel, shampoo, conditioner and cake of soap my friend had called and arranged for me, and went to the most glorious shower ever!

Thank to my lack of manners and my gorgeous friend, I made in time for the interview. And I even smelled nice!

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário