I bought a car. Gorgeous. And it came with a one year insurance policy, thanks to the previous owner.
To transfer the car and the insurance I hired an agent, a local guy who is specialized in paper work bureaucracy.
Days go by and he can not transfer my insurance. I am getting a bit anxious, then at At 8:30 one morning, he calls me.
- They will accept the insurance, but you need to pay extra 50 Bds (125 dollars)
- And why is that - I ask
- Because you are an inexperienced driver.
- WHAT??? I have been driving for over 15 years!!
- Oh... In Bahrain?
- No. Not in Bahrain.
- How long in Bahrain?
- Over 1.5 years
- Ah. Did not know that either. Did you own a car?
- Yes, several cars.
- Here in Bahrain?
- No, I have been renting a car here.
- See? Inexperienced driver - you have to pay!
Suffice to say I yelled and screamed so hard at him and the insurance company guy, they decided not to charge me extra.
Há 2 dias