sexta-feira, março 26

I NEED AN EDITOR

Actually, I need two editors. One to publish my book about my adventures in Australia, New Zealand and the Middle EAst. And another editor, the kind who actually decides what you can publish and what you should not say. I need a verbal editor. To take with me to parties.

This week I went for dinner at a Lebanese friend's house. The company was awesome, the food was delicious and unfortunatelly the champagne was plenty.

After a while, a suiss ladie who was there, remembered she was neighbours with one of my best friends, Yolhi. And she saw me at her building many, many times. She even remembered I used to "still" her car park.

The building is two car parks short, so the watchman decided to claim the foot path for his tenants. BAhrain being Bahrain, it is sort of acceptable to just place cones where pedestrians should walk and block the path. I thought it was very convenient to park there, so occasionally I did. Until one day, this woman came and told me that was "her space". Then of course I made it my mission to make that piece of FOOTH PATH "my car park".

I thought it was funny and told her the truth:

- I remember! Once you told me that place was yours, so I made a point of using it every time, just to piss you off...

I laughed, I thought she laughed too. But today I have received two phone calls already. That lady is telling everyone that I "stole her car park intentionally, and she can't believe I did it".

I don't think she has the same sense of humour I have. What a pity.

2 comentários:

  1. INAIE, MANDEI UMA MENSAGEM QUANDO SOUBE DE SEU BLOG, ACHEI OTIMO E ATÉ TENHO ALGUMAS CRONICAS SUAS.FAZ MUITO BEM, CONTINUE ESCREVENDO,. QUEM SABE DAI NÀO SAI UM LIVRO?
    hOJE ACHO QUE A MENSAGEM VAI, POIS MEU PROFESSOR VAI ME ENSINAR. uM BEIJÀO E CONTINUE FIRME LEYA

    ResponderExcluir
  2. OI sogrinha, que otimo ve-la por aqui!!! Fico feliz que voce esteja lendo as minhas historinhas online. :-)

    ResponderExcluir